Ok, this is the worst I've done at blogging in a long time, but things have been just nutso. These last however many days have been so good that it is hard to only pick five, but here are some good ones:
1. Eddie Cantor in Whoopee- He's like Woody Allen, if Woody Allen was in a time where blackface was somehow appropriate. I put a few less seedy clips up, and there is a lot to really hate about this movie, but Eddie Cantor is probably one of the funniest guys I'd never heard of. This has definitely become a movie I laughed a good way through, but who knows if I would ever watch it again.
2. Getting engaged! I am pretty excited about this whole thing, but I have decided I will only talk about wedding stuff on Wednesdays, because people who talk about their wedding all the time are intolerable. Still, I think the most amazing part has been hearing from so many people. I feel really overwhelmed by how many people are genuinely excited and happy about the whole thing (and my birthday, which was yesterday too).
3. Peruvian Food- we had some of the best food I have ever had in my life in Peru. Even when we went somewhere we thought would be schlumpy it was awesome. I will probably write a whole blog about this once my life settles back down to boring.
4. My mom coming to visit! Yesterday, I was just running around like a crazy person (have i mentioned that this week has been insane?) and all of the sudden there she was. I freaked out. I am just so happy to have her here, because even though hearing from people is great, all this stuff only highlights how far we are from home and the people we love. Having her here makes me feel so much happier and just relieved to be able to talk to her and share the moment with her.
5. Machu Picchu- better than everyone says it is. I have only good things to say about it. It is way bigger and more beautiful than you expect. And you just sort of feel it the whole time you are there that something amazing has happened. I took like 1000 pictures, because just every way you look is insane. But the best part is that you are just up in the mountains, literally in the clouds, surrounded by mountains. But wear sunscreen, because both Nick and I came down with some pretty nasty sunburns. It was worth it.